Your landlord or real estate agent will carry out a periodic inspection of the property to ensure it is being well cared for and any routine repairs are made. This inspection may include the following:
- The property is being maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- The grounds are being maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- The property is not being damaged in any way.
- There are no more than the number of people specified on the tenancy agreement are living at the property.
- No pets are housed at the property, unless otherwise agreed to.
- Any maintenance issues identified can be attended to.
Areas where the tenant does not agree with what is stated on the condition report should be noted on the appropriate section of the document. You must complete the inspection report and return it to the agent/owner within the specified number of days or the condition of the property is deemed to be accurate as at the agent’s completion.